Our apartment is located at 5139 MacArthur Blvd in NW Washington, DC on the Potomac River. Our wonderful location offers travelers the best of both worlds. You are close in to the center of Washington, Historic Georgetown is 10 minutes away, The Kennedy Center and K Street Corridor are a mere 15 minutes away, you can reach the west end of the National Mall in 20 minutes. A downtown bus, the D6 and D5 Express, stop just out front and will take you to Downtown, The National Mall, White House, US Capitol Building and Union Station.
Yet when you desire a break fr om sightseeing or work you will find within walking distance the boathouse where you can rent a kyak or rowboat, or you can bike/walk the C&O Canal towpath, or loose yourself on a forest trail in a national park. Your location in Palisades Village offers all the amenities and conveniences you could want: a variety of restaurants, some of which are considered top in the city, grocery store, pharmacy, banks, cleaners, fine wines, coffee shops, gourmet foods to go, park and recreation center, library, parks, playgrounds and shops.
The Bird House is a delightful first floor private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This tastefully decorated studio is newly furnished with a queen bed and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
Unique amenities include full kitchen with dishwasher, sitting area for working and dining, private parking space and a washer/dryer. The studio has its own patio wh ere you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city. Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* Private off-street street parking space at your front door.
* Full kitchen.
* Private entrance and furnished patio.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in the studio.
* Free WIFI.
Rate includes parking, cleaning, utilities and laundry facilities.
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block fr om the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
* 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
* Lim itless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
$130/night, $900/wk, $2700/mo
1. Minimum rental is 4 days, we rent for up to 8 months.
2. Check-out is 10 am, check-in is after 3 pm. Let us know if you need late check out or early arrival so that we can accommodate you.
3. Cleaning service during your stay is optional.
4. We accept VI,MC,DS, Echeck or Paypal.
5. Available year-round.
6. DC Sales and Occupancy Tax is 14.5% on stays of less than 3 months.
7. AN extra person fee of $20 applies after 2 guests.
Для совершения бронирования необходимо уточнить у владельца свободно ли жилье в запрашиваемый период.
Уточните у владельца наличие свободных мест и другую интересующую вас информацию.